Monday, March 20, 2017

Motivation Method Gone All Wrong!




For a little while I’ve been wanting to write about the ways a girl can motivate herself to go and exercise.  Mainly for personal reasons, because I, too, fall short in the workout department.  I don’t always feel like it, and sometimes I have to seriously kick my own butt to go to the gym.  Speaking of butts… I have a story for you about how one motivational method went all wrong on me!

My favorite thing to do in the gym are squats and leg presses.  I hope you don’t think me a pervert, but I love it when a woman has a nicely sculpted butt.  It’s my dream to have my own rear match up with that of some of those magazine fitness models.  And I know the only way to get it is to work hard and get those muscles burning. That has been my goal for quite a while now.  I can honestly say that I’m half way to where I want to be, but sometimes it isn’t easy to get myself to the gym. 

For a while I have been looking for some extra motivations to help me along.  I decided to get a little creative here.  I took a ‘before’ picture of my behind with my phone and figured that if I set it up as my lock screen I will be forced to look at it everyday, and it’ll motivate me to work out more often.  Well, I think it was pretty effective.  Each time I’d look at my phone I’d go “UGH!” at the sight of my less than perfect butt and it was a constant reminder that I wasn’t where I wanted to be.  I seriously felt motivated!  Couldn’t wait to go to the gym.  But it also made my life a tiny bit difficult.  Especially in public places, where I’d have use the phone.  After a while I got used to the butt on my screen but the random people (read cashiers, bank tellers etc.) that got a glimpse of my butt… well, they were nice enough to keep their comments to themselves, even though I noticed their quizzical looks. 

All was well until I realized that having a butt picture on my phone was the worst idea ever!

A coworker took few days off and I was covering for her in her office.  Pavement construction crew came over to do some work on site.  The main guy came in, tall, skinny and looking around his late 40s, and explained what they’re here for.  They needed me to move my car for 15 minutes.  No problem.  My phone was laying on the desk in full few of everyone, and just then I got a text message.  A bright picture of nearly naked butt flashed on my screen and I saw the guy’s eyes getting wide and his face had a look I cannot even explain! In split second I made a decision to completely ignore what happened, after all, this is professional environment and seeing flashing butts is almost like checking your email.  Nothing to it.  Right?  Never before I wanted to run and hide as much as at that very moment.  The guy kept talking with me, but I could bet a hundred bucks he was looking at me funny and was sizing me up! And came back to the office few more time to ask some completely random and unrelated things.  I was mortified.  In my mind I begged him to leave, just go, finish your work and go and I never want to see you again!

My phone now sports some generic purple flowers picture.  Never again will I put a pic of my butt on my lock screen.  It seemed like a brilliant idea at the time, but I guess I didn’t think it through.  I suppose it’s not fair to force random people all over town to keep getting glimpses of my less than perfect rear end…  even if one day it does look as sculpted as Lauren Drain’s (one of my favorite fitness models) I think I’ll still keep it hidden well INSIDE of my phone!


Lesson learned!           
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig