Sunday, February 12, 2017

Why California Coast Should Be On Your Bucket List (Photos!!!)



Today I want to wet your travel appetite.  I had the privilege to live on both East and West coast of the United States.  This is my fourth year of living in north California and I can easily say that I still can't get over how stunning the west coast is.  If you have never been to California's coast, you are missing out on so much! The scenery is just spectacular.  Here are some of my photographs from various trips to the coast, and my reasons why it is absolutely necessary for you to see it with your own eyes at least once in your life! 

1. Amazing Variety


West Coast provides you with the most amazing variety of rocks and cliffs.  No two spots are alike.  Sometimes you will have access to the ocean, and sometimes you're able to admire its beauty from the top of a high cliff.  To me, the vast array of scenery is always an inspiration!

2. Unforgettable Sunsets

Depending on the time of the year, sunsets begin about 30-40 minutes before the clock sundown.  They are the most spectacular nature's paintings you could ever see.  On a clear day the sky will go from all shades of blues, violets and pinks, to reds, oranges and yellows.  The colors and cloud formations change every five minutes.  It is breathtaking and spectacular, and it lasts until absolute darkness.

3. Treasure Trove

Pacific Ocean coast is thriving with life.  The coasts are loaded with many life forms, which are not too hard to find.  There are many spots for whale watching and dolphin sightings.  It's quite common to meet a sea lion or a seal curiously peaking its head above the water or basking in the sun on a pier or a rock.  There are also seagulls, pelicans, penguins and sea turtles.  And for the patient and observant ones, the rocks and sand hides many crabs, starfish and really cool looking green anemones.    

4. Scenic Roadtrip

I believe Highway 1 to be one of the most scenic routes in California.  It stretches from the Bay Area of San Francisco all the way north towards Oregon state.  This is the ultimate road trip because the views will take your breath away.  Be warned, however, that this route is very narrow, very curvy and could potentially be very dangerous.  

5. The Waves

The waves of Pacific Ocean are always present, big or small (unless its a bay or slough). The way they hit and splash against the rocks is something I can not stop looking at.  I would often sit and take hundreds of photos of the foaming and splashing waves trying to get that perfect money shot.  And I always end up not being able to pick just one, as each splash is spectacular in itself. 

6. Wilderness

One of the cool things about California coast is that there are some places with no humans around for miles.  Some beaches are absolutely empty, and the cliffs feel like a total wilderness; it's just you and nature.  This is perfect if you're looking for that ideal, peaceful gateway spot if society gets too loud.  


And here are some of my favorite photos from California beaches I have visited.  (All photos are mine, and are property and copyright of Anya Warda Media)   


Monterey (the above photo is Monterey also)        



Bodega Bay






Goat's Rock 



 

An Unidentified Spot Between Bodega Bay and Goat's Rock






Shell Beach






Glass Beach





Salt Point



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. My family and I are moving to California soon and this just made me so excited! I love your photography! What camera are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you so much! Which part of California are you moving to? I moved here about 4 years ago and I still have so much to explore! You will love this state! And believe it or not, for all these photos I just used an iPhone!

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig