Tuesday, January 17, 2017

"New Year-New Me" Challenge


Hello everyone and Happy New Year 2017!

How are those New Year Resolutions holding up? Are you still making good use of the new gym membership? Is there less chocolate in your house this year? Are you working hard on the New Year New Me resolution?



Whatever that may be, I wish with all my heart that you stick with your goals and exercise that will power! You can do it! Keep your eyes on the long term goal, and with God's help anything is possible!


Scientists say that it takes no less than 21 days to create a new habit.  21 days of making yourself do -however painful it may be at first - whatever it is you want to accomplish.  But they promise that once you hit that mark, it won't be a chore anymore, but it'll start becoming a part of your life, your daily routine. So keep at it!

Just the other night I got a little nostalgic, and began going through my old Facebook photos all the way back from 2009.  I got totally lost in it and man, what a journey it was.  Lots of emotions surfaced when I realized how much I have gone thru in the last 5 years, how much I have learned, how much I have grown! I'm a new person! A whole new person now than what I was 5 years ago.  And guess what, it didn't take just one single new year's night to decide on New Me.  It took many years, it took lots of tears, sweat, hustling, much pain, disappointments, but also many tear-jerking happy moments.  And that's what created Me.  The New Me, the Me that I am today.  Because we all are a Work In Progress.


So here is a little New Year's Challenge for you.  I want you to go to your Facebook photos (or phone photos, whichever goes further back) and look back as far as you can.  What do you see? Or rather, WHO do you see? Look 5 years back, and see what were your interests back then, what were your living conditions? Then look at photos from 4 years ago.  What were your goals back then? Did you accomplish them, or do they not matter anymore? And then look at yourself 3 years ago, and 2, and 1 years ago... Maybe you got a new job, maybe you lost a job, got married, got divorced, had a baby...? Reflect on who you were back then, and who you are right now.  What made you grow? How did you change? Is this the direction you want to go, or does your life need a complete 180? And then think about what can you do to get there.


I am going to get you started, and share some of my personal moments in life.  Here is me visiting the  cliffs of Ireland back in 2009:



Back in 2010 I was playing soccer in all women's soccer league in Pennsylvania:



In 2012 I was learning how to change oil and tires in my car, in preparation for my epic cross country drive from the coast of New Jersey to the coast California.



In Sacramento, California I met a lot of new people, dove straight into conceptual model photography and had my first art show in 2014.



That New Year's was spent in Dickensian Christmas Village in Nevada City,  walking around dressed up in victorian outfits :)




At the end of August of 2015 my house burned down and I lost everything I've ever owned.  I was in shock and depression for months and months after that.  I also learned who my true friends are.




And last year's New Year I was ice skating in the olympic village Squaw Valley by Lake Tahoe.




Wow! What a journey! What a colorful life.  What does your journey look like? You don't have to share it anywhere or with anybody, but do take 20 minutes to browse through your life's memories and reminisce for a while.  Maybe, just maybe it may help to see your life's goals even clearer, where you've been, where you are, and where you want to be.

God bless and Happy Reminiscing! <3


<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/18442659/?claim=d8842wh86fb">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig