Monday, May 1, 2017

April Photo Review

Hello Friends,

I always try to see the best in everything and everyone, even though that's not always the case. Looking at my photo review you may see a strong woman who's got her life together and all her ducks in a row. Inside, however, sometimes life feels like it's crumbling.  Has that ever happened to you?

Have you ever been in a situation that when people look at you they see a strong role model, positive, happy and absolutely confident in every step you take, but they've no idea you're absolutely weak and fragile on the inside?

If you have, then I guess we both are living up to 'fake it till you make it'.  Life may be hard, and it often is, but I raise my glass to those that keep on going.  Kudos to those who find beauty despite the ugly that happens around them or to them.  And brownie points to those that continue to inspire and encourage others, and give a part of themselves to those that have less, even though life trips them with nearly every step.

If that's you, you're my kind of person! You're a beautiful person inside and out, and a lot stronger than you think! Don't ever forget that!


So, goodby April, hello May (where is this year going????), and hello another monthly photo review. This is what I had energy for in March:      




1. I made the effort to start spring with a lot of healthy fruit water.  Good start helps with good finish. Together with The Bohemian Nation I started a water challenge and a giveaway.  While the challenge received a good response, there hasn't been much interest in the giveaway.  You can read about the challenge in my 8 Glasses A Day Challenge & Giveaway post.

2. This was an amazing day! Here we are doing a little video interview with Brooklyn, an amazing girl that gave up having a birthday party this year and went to help the community instead. You can read all about it and watch the short video in my Meet Brooklyn: Girl With a Beautiful Heart post.

3. Also in April, George and I went hiking in this amazing place in San Francisco.  That's right, there are really cool places to hike if you know where to go.  I've been planning to write about it, and to be honest, the post is half way done and waiting for me to have more time to finish it.  I have lots of incredible photos from that place.  You'll be amazed!

4. At Stinson Beach in San Francisco.  Believe it or not, that's where the hike took us to! Can't wait to write about it.  Locals probably already guessed which hike I'm talking about :)

5. We did have a chance to be part of a happy occasion. My friend Heather got married and both her and her husband flew off to live in Australia.  This is during her wedding, a fun picture of me and my friend Gordana.





6. Notes.  Taking notes, making lists, that's what saves me from getting overwhelmed in this crazy life.  Especially when life won't let you breathe, but piles stuff on your head.  And crossing off things on my 'to do list' makes me feel accomplished.  I like the feeling like I'm getting somewhere in life. Haha, sometimes it's just a feeling, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

7. You won't believe how many amazing murals there are in Sacramento.  I found this one on the side of an art store.  Having studied art I appreciate artistic expressions, especially when the execution is this good.

8.  Yes, I'm back at the gym.  I'm trying to get my guns back, it's hard though when working long hours and feeling exhausted by life, but I'm not giving up.  With God all things are possible!

9.  I won't give much away, other than saying that I discovered this amazing place, a totally wild hike ending with an abandoned mining camp.  It's a long hike, and I haven't got to the camp yet (left too late, didn't want to hike at night and meet bears or mountain lions), but I will.  And I will tell you all about it!


Now let's see what May will bring.  I hope lots of flowers.  I love flowers.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig